Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My seal of approval.

I'm currently enjoying one last trip to So-Fla before the school year starts. I'm starting work on my new classroom on Monday, meaning my summer is over in 4 days. SAD. Here's some of my favorite blogs to keep you (all 4 of you that read this) entertained while I am away. By the way, I'm going to refer to all these bloggers by their first name just to reiterate what a stalker I am.

(One of my favorite things on this blog is a feature called "Making It Yours" where Nicole creates room boards around one piece of furniture that follows a fictional character through various stages of their life.)

This is my all time favorite blog, and after reading it for years now I still feel happy when I see it in bold on my Google Reader. The blog is mainly devoted to the design and decor of her home, and I l-o-v-e her style. I'll admit, I usually skip over the baby stuff, but I'm sure when that time comes I'll consult the MIL archives for ideas.

(This and more available at online store Red Velvet Art)

Here, Elsie chronicles her super inspirational, handmade, best-thrift-finds, business-starting life for all of us to gawk over. She is constantly reminding readers that opening a retail store/cupcake bakery and earning an income from one's own art is no walk in the park, but when she posts pictures of lovely picnics IN a park, it's hard not to be jealous.

(Amazing New Moon recap found here.)

I've read 3 of Jen Lancaster's 5 books in the past few weeks. I plan on finishing the 4th after I post this and rushing to Barnes and Noble for the 5th to cash in on my "It's only ok to buy a book in hardcover if it's the latest in a series that I love" policy (see: The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight, etc etc etc). I highly recommend these books if you are a fan of anecdotal memoirs, snarky sarcasm (I think that's redundant, but I really wanted to use the word snarky), footnotes, cuss words and pop culture references. I happen to love all five so Jen and I? A perfect match. Anyway, before she was a published author, Jen was a blogger and she hasn't forsaken her roots now that she's the #1 choice of sorority girls, soccer moms, and non-snooty normal girl types everywhere.

(The latest post is peanut butter cup popcorn, HELLO!)

This is chock-full (?) of delicious recipes that make me believe I can become a fabulous cook one day. I've only ever tried my hand at one (Hawaiian turkey burgers with homemade teriyaki sauce YUM), but my bookmarks folder is heavy with links from this site. My favorite thing about Our Best Bites is that it is just straight delicious yummies. No gluten-free theme here, peeps. Check out the archives and make me something please.


I really wanted to post more, but this took me forever. Mostly because I kept getting distracted by things on these and other blogs, and partly because of SUCKY West Palm internet connection. So enjoy these for now (or don't), and I'll share more later.


1 comment: