Thursday, September 2, 2010

Number one, we've just begun....

Alright, here we go! I've been excited about getting this blog challenge thing started all day and even jotted down a few ideas for today's post while I was at work. Maybe I could keep this stuff up and one day blogging could be my JOB! A girl can dream.

I'm really bad at labeling "favorites" so I created a few categories and I'll share the top songs from each. Clearly I am taking this challenge very seriously.


1. My favorite song according to iTunes: The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah is my most played song. I wasn't expecting that to turn up on top, but I do really like it. The song is wonderfully weird and fun to sing along to.






2. My current jam: There's always one song I've recently discovered that I just can't get enough of. Lately that song is Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap. Yes it was in 500 Days of Summer. And a car commercial. I guess I'm not one of those "I liked it before it was popular" people, but I'm cool with that. I also have a soft spot for any music video that features the band members floating through the air.






3. Favorite song for reminiscing: Adam's Song by Blink 182. Makes me think of every weekend I spent from age 14-17.







4. Favorite love song: Stand Inside Your Love by Smashing Pumpkins. Beautiful lyrics, beautiful music, beautiful video, beautiful Billy.






5. Favorite guilty pleasure: Torn by Natalie Imbruglia. If I ever catch this on the radio I have to listen to the whole thing, I love it. And she dated David Schwimmer!






6. If I really really really had to choose 1 favorite I think I would go with.....Good For You by Third Eye Blind






I want to include more, but can't think of any more clever categories. Day 1 = success!

No comments:

Post a Comment